Spring is great for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for crisp air and your energy bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heat or air.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Tempe and keeping bills down.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility bills low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving options in modern AC systems is a big plus in keeping your power expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to expertly use your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can try a couple other methods to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your house comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy bills economical. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 623-243-4517 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.