How to Stop Carbon Monoxide in Your Tempe Home

February 11, 2015

According to a 2012 report by the National Fire Protection Association, fire departments attend to an average of 72,000 carbon monoxide cases each year. Carbon Monoxide, or CO2, is a colorless, odorless gas by-product of burnt fuel. It’s usually associated with wood stoves, car engines and other fire combustion sources along with gas or oil furnaces.

Why should you be constantly aware of CO2?

Carbon monoxide can be deadly; its that simple. CO2 is among the leading ways of accidental poisoning deaths in the US*, and conditions of CO2 poisoning is often confused as the flu, viral infections and prolonged fatigue, among many others. This makes CO2 poisoning an often hidden enemy that can be fatal over several years, or within just a few short hours. Serious poisoning takes place from breathing large concentrations of CO2, but poisoning may also happen gradually over many months or years. Some signs may include nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms, dizziness and fatigue.

Steps you can take to reduce the CO2 risk in your Tempe home?

  1. No home should be without a reliable, tested CO2 detector. You can contact Bob Brown Service Experts to purchase one today.
  2. If you do have a CO detector that is battery-powered, check or replace the batteries regularly; at least every 90 days. It's also wise to replace the detector every 3-5 years.
  3. If you experience or have experienced any of the symptoms stated above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning, and get a second opinion if necessary.

*emedicinehealth.com. Prevention information for Carbon Monoxide poisoning may be inaccurate or incomplete; none of these methods guarantee prevention of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Contact Us