It’s frosty out there. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Bob Brown Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.