There are a lot of fumes that could be within your Tempe residence. Natural gas and vapors that come from home furnishings, carpet and paints. Not one of these fumes are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Bob Brown Service Experts at 623-243-4517 today to get started defending your loved ones against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?
Carbon monoxide may be a big deal, so it’s not a thing to mess around with.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you aren’t able to observe it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in small amounts and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Fatal in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of spent fuel. It can get into your home during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the airflow in a house, the gas could become lethal in just a few minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are taking in pure air, it requires five hours to take it out of your bloodstream. It requires an additional five hours to cut that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Act Like Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide could also cause illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no justification to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some steps you can complete to keep your family safe:
- Your home with at least one natural gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have a detector on each level of your home, on top of the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your home?
Call Bob Brown Service Experts at 623-243-4517 to get one. Ask our pros about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
- If you already own a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly check or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every season, and replace the detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor sounds, leave your residence immediately and dial 911.
Protect Your Family with Help from Bob Brown Service Experts
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your loved ones can be safe from the hazardous gas. Make the proper changes and call Bob Brown Service Experts at 623-243-4517 to learn more.