Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many people in Tempe. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Tempe heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Tempe heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Bob Brown Service Experts a call at 623-243-4517 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is working at its highest level in the Tempe heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early sign of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Tempe temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than normal. It can help you cool down a tad sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.