When bad weather comes around, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a lot that comes with it. Staying safe and protecting your home are your greatest priorities, but did you know there are opportunities for you to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm passes, your AC repair technician will give you the all-clear?
Taking even a few minutes to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm strikes can help you prevent damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you schedule for an AC repair technician to check your system afterwards, they can possibly provide you with good news that your steps were worth the time.
At Bob Brown Service Experts, we realize that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for bad weather, and time likely will not give you much warning, so we’ve put together a list of what you can do before and after a severe weather event happens.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are commonplace during rough weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to ensure it is fully off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover may keep away any debris that gets thrown around during threatening weather. Just make sure you have turned the system totally off prior to covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Ensure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are stored in a secure place so that they don’t get thrown around during the bad weather.
- Clear the debris. Once it is alright to head outdoors, make sure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you locate any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call Bob Brown Service Experts prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly look at your system and decide whether or not an AC repair is a necessity.
Of course we all hope that bad weather doesn’t hit us in Tempe, but we have to be prepared if we want the best chance to dodge any major damage or other issues that may come with it. If you have any questions about how to best get ready for severe weather in Tempe or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has gone through, give us a call at 623-243-4517 or schedule an appointment with Bob Brown Service Experts through our online scheduler.