Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Tempe, you could be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think over, as well as the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the complete comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Bob Brown Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the right advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the highest efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you might even be authorized for an exclusive deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Bob Brown Service Experts. We realize the cost of replacing your entire system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 623-243-4517 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.