Prevention is the most important place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Tempe.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when run correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating correctly, including your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Bob Brown Service Experts.