Prevention is the most important place to begin. Taking appropriate safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Tempe.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run right but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating accurately, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Bob Brown Service Experts.