Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect There are many potential gases that may be present in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors that come from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But nothing is as hazardous as carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is potentially a matter of life and death, so it needs to be taken very seriously. Part of the reason it is so dangerous is because the gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can manuveur its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can quickly be fatal, or it could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things. It is important to not risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here’s what you can do: If you do not have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Bob Brown Service Experts Heating & Air in Phoenix to purchase one. Ask our technicians about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, be sure to regularly check or replace the batteries. Testing should be done every 90 days, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or experience flu-like or other symptoms described above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps you can be certain to receive alerts if there is any sign of carbon monoxide. Get the protection you need and call Bob Brown Service Experts in Phoenix at 623-243-4517 to learn more.