When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s needs in Phoenix. A tankless water heater is a great route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for use, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you can with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continual supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you get hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—especially for bigger homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to handle several uses at once. One of our specialists will help you figure out what your flow rate is and offer recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people decide to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of homes in the Phoenix area do just fine with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of having one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Bob Brown Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Phoenix home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 623-243-4517
or request an appointment with us online.